Cancer Markers | Tumor Markers
Know Your CA Biomarkers | Know Your Cancer Risk
CA Biomarkers | Tumor Markers : at ImmuneCells21, we use tumor markers to detect the presence of certain types of cancer in the body, and as part of a monitoring test panel in the progress of a cancer treatment. Cancer biomarkers easily performed from a simple blood withdrawal.
Tumor markers are substances which are found in the blood, bodily fluids, or tissues that are produced by cancer cells. If a certain CA marker is found in the blood, it can indicate that a cancer is present and immunotherapy treatment may be required or continued.
We can also use cancer biomarkers (alongside other cancer tests such as CTC & NK activity tests) to monitor the success of a current treatment, access surgical requirement or intervention, or monitor for reoccurrence.
Some examples of common tumor markers include:
- CA15-3 is a sensitive tumor marker for breast cancer.
- CA19-9 antigen has been shown to be elevated in the blood of some patients with gastrointestinal tumors.
- CA-125 is a useful marker for monitoring disease progression in ovarian cancers.
- PSA is a useful marker for monitoring disease progression in prostate cancers.
- CEA (carcinoembryonic antigen) is useful in monitoring patients with various types of malignancies, such as gastrointestinal, pancreatic, breast, and lung cancers.